The Government is spending over £450 million on improving Physical Education (PE) and sport in primary schools.
Schools can choose how they use the funding, for example to:
- hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons
- support and involve the least active children by running after-school sports clubs and holiday clubs,
- provide resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers,
- organise sports competitions or increase pupils’ participation in PE,
- arrange sports activities with other schools.
At Westwood Primary School we are committed to spending the PE premium in a sustainable way that will impact on the health and wellbeing of our children. We want to raise participation and attainment in PE across our school.
Miss Rogers and Mr Stent are our PE Co-ordinators and have planned and evaluated the impact of the funding across the school.
Swimming at Westwood Primary School
At Westwood we aim for children to be able to swim 25 metres using different strokes and perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations, by the end of Year 6.
Percentage of KS2 children who can swim 25 metres and perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations
| ||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5||Year 6|