At the zoo the children were able to look at different animals from lions, giraffes and rhinos. We also took part in a discovery session were they were able to hold a Millipede, African Snail and a Snake. The children had shown amazing Westwood manners and cannot wait for the next trip
The children had a wonderful time with Andy the Clown, learning sign language to nursery rhymes, juggling and magic. Brilliant behaviour by all children and everyone join in. Keep up the reading nursery!
Nursery Family Cafe
Come and join us for a story and activities!
Thursday 26th January
8:45-9:45 (morning nursery)
12:30-1:30 (afternoon session)
Younger siblings are welcome
hopefully see you there.
Nursery News Letter
We have had a fantastic start to the new school year and already the children seem very settled and happy to be at our nursery.
We will be working on the following areas this half term:
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Choosing resources of interest inside and outside.
- Building relationships between the adults and children.
- Helping the children to play alongside their friends.
- Supporting children to learn the nursery rules and routines.
Communication and Language
- Building the children’s listening and attention skills during whole class teaching.
- Modelling social language and supporting children to join in ‘Can I play please?’
- Using story book language to retell favourite stories. E.g. ‘Once upon a time…’
- Experiencing lots of different number rhymes – five currant buns, ten green bottles.
- Beginning to count up to 10 objects for children that can already count to 5.
- Recognising numbers in the environment e.g. numbers on buses, gates, doors etc.
- Supporting children to recognise their name and write their names.
- Helping children to use pencils, holding them with a three finger grip.
- Storytelling using puppets and other props.
- Encouraging a love for reading by changing books in the nursery with your grown up every day and using the library every Friday.
Learning at Home
- We really enjoy reading about your child’s learning at home please write on the “At Home” slips or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Any questions about the learning at home slips please ask the staff.
We have spent the past two weeks ensuring that your child settles well into nursery by getting to know them and spending lots of time with them. Throughout the weeks your child has chosen an adult that they prefer to spend time with. That adult has now become your child’s key person. The key person will be your child’s special adult at nursery. They will spend time playing, watching, assessing and planning for your child’s learning. The key person will develop a close relationship with you and your child, and be available each day for you to share any concerns or celebrate any achievements. We look forward to getting to know you!
Events and Diary Dates
Nursery Family Café Thursday 28th September 8.45am, in the nursery
Miss Bugden Miss Pointin Miss Power Mrs Eccleston
Family Café 28th September
A huge thank you to all the families who came to our first family café of the year. The children thoroughly enjoyed sharing their learning with you.