“Westwood Primary School is a place of excellence, which is child focused and family friendly where everyone can recognise and achieve their full potential in a happy and safe environment.”
"The values promoted at Westwood Primary School ensure that children are well prepared for life in modern Britain. This includes respect for a wide range of religious values, languages and cultural traditions and different ways of life in modern Britain. Westwood Primary School uses these values to judge everything that we do, and we make our values clear in all aspects of our work."
Everyone at the school works towards these three core values
- Be kind to everyone
- Do our best at work and play
- Take care of our school
Westwood Primary School is a place of learning, where everyone is successful
- A place that fosters relationships, where everyone is respected regardless of their race, gender or disability
- A place of acceptance, where everyone is valued. regardless of their race, gender or disability
- A place of belonging, where everyone is welcomed, nurtured and safe
Our place of learning is:
- Proactive in making sure that every child achieves their full potential in all areas of their learning.
- Ambitious for each one of our children
- Dynamic in its approach – everyone should enjoy their learning
- Stimulating – a place where learning LOOKS exciting!
Our teaching will be:
- High quality, leading to successful learning
- Tailored to the needs of our children
- Fun, purposeful and challenging
- Designed to raise standards and ensure good progress in every class
- Proactive in building confidence in each child, and equipping him/her with skills for lifelong learning
- Reflective – we will constantly strive to find better ways to do things.
Our school community will be:
- Inclusive – everyone (children, staff, parents, governors) is important
- Caring – we will make time for people, and they will feel safe to express ideas and take risks
- Respectful – everyone’s needs, talents and viewpoints will be considered
- Enabling – everyone deserves the best possible conditions to learn and to teach
- Outward-looking – we will work in partnership with other schools and groups, to strengthen our own
- Aware of everyone’s need to be and feel safe.
Together we endeavour to develop the following skills:
- Risk Taking