What is 'Online Safety' ?
It is the safe use of Internet and electronic communications technologies.
The school has purchased an app called Gooseberry Planet. Your child can access a range of online safety games at home and at school.
How can you protect your child online? The answer is simple. If you understand the internet and understand what the risks are, there are a number of things you can do that will make your child safer online...
There is a lot of information available to parents regarding eSafety on the Internet.
Below there is a selection of links to information which we feel will help you to increase your knowledge and understanding of the Internet and what the risks are.
Online Safety Websites for Parents, Guardians and Adults
(Please be aware that we have no control of the content that you may find on external websites)
The Internet has become part of our everyday lives and is now easier to access then ever before.
Use of the Internet can also have risks. Young people are more at risk of exposure to inappropriate or criminal behaviour if they are unaware of the dangers.
These dangers include:
- viewing unsuitable content e.g. hate material, adult content, sites that endorse unhealthy behaviour
- giving out personal information
- arranging to meet an online 'friend'
- becoming involved in, or the victim of, bullying, identity theft, or making and sending indecent or illegal images
- spending too much time online (internet addiction), which can effect concentration, sleep and health
- copying information from the Internet or buying work from other people to use as their own.
The links below are for your information, but also to share with your children if you feel that they are appropriate.